Friday 29 July 2011

14 Feb 2004

Dear Japan....

We haven't yet met but soon we shall!

A school trip led me to Japan many years ago, luckily with my best friend!
I remember our excitement at the airport, saying funny Japanese words.
I think that flight was the last time I slept for 4 days!

Arriving in tokyo airport after the longest flight I have ever been on I needed an energy drink, picking up the pocari sweat bottle I thought "what the hey"
I was quite happy with it actually! We then made our way to Hokkaido and to a small town near the coast. This town is Urakawa. Me and my friend Alice went to the high school and stayed with the onozato family. We went to school for a few days enjoying activites like origami, tea ceremony and meeting the amazing students!

We got to try on traditional kimonos and do nihon buyo (Japanese dance)
When we had to leave Hokkaido it was soo hard, but we moved onto Kyoto. Where we spent the rest of our trip, exploring temples and going shopping. Kyoto was beautiful, so many peaceful gardens but some amazing shops too. A real world of contrast!

I have since been huge on Japan and have kept everything I got there, from leaflets passed to me in the street, to school schedules and even my flight ticket. I decided to do this blog so people can read about real Japan from the eyes of a person who has seen what most tourists don't get to and to also share some facts on Japan and it's culture. I'll also share some Japanese recipes and different plates served in Japan other then sushi (vineyards rice£) and sashimi (thinly sliced raw seafood)

I am also learning Japanese so I may do a few lessons for people interested in that side of things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment